Monday, March 7, 2011

Taco Saturday?

So this weekend was spent being lazy and sleeping in. It was glorious. Friday Karl and I went to the movies and dinner on Friday and this was the first real meal I've had to eat since Sunday, after having food poisoning and all. It wasn't anything special, just Jack Astor's, but I will say their Lobster dip is quite delicious!

On Saturday I made an old stand by, tacos! You can't really go wrong with tacos, can you? I had the usual toppings: Cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, hot sauce but I made my own guacamole! I haven't made it in awhile so it felt really good to make it myself, I've had some good mixes and the Wholly Guacamole is pretty good too in a pinch but there's not like fresh, homemade guac! I put the usual suspects in there, jalapeƱo, cilantro, red onion, tomato, salt, pepper, fresh lime juice, and then my special ingredient....hot sauce! It gives it that extra kick that is super delicious. I had some left over so made myself a bean quasadilla for lunch today

With being sick most of the week, I wasn't doing much cooking or much eating for that matter. Almost everything bothered my stomach, it's still a little bothersome but I'm getting back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment