Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yum!

This past Friday we celebrated a good friend of our's, Ed, birthday. Karl had everyone over to his place and we ordered pizza and wings and I made a delicious salad made of field greens (my favorite,) dried cranberries, feta cheese and sugared walnuts (that I made myself) with a basil balsamic vinnagerette dressing. It was delicious, to the say least, probably could have ate the whole thing if I let myself.

Then of course with it being a birthday there had to be some sort of a baked good, right? Well, in light of me wanting to start baking more and trying to utilize my cake decorating skills from working at Tops way back when, I have started to make cupcakes. I use the Pillsbury white cake mix (sorry guys, when you have a couple dozen to make this stuff is much less time consuming) and then I make the frosting myself. I use the classic buttercream frostings with the Wilton website and for the vanilla I put just a touch of almond extract = Yumminess! Well, here they are!
Yes, the are as delicious as they look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment