Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Spinal Tap and Mexican

So overall the weekend was great! Still haven't cooked very much besides ravioli or a pizza but on Saturday Karl and I were in Batavia and we got to go to the new MEXICAN restaurant they opened up there! I have to say I was devastated when Margarita's closed. Now I know, it's a little crazy I don't even live in Batavia but we're out there often enough that I would go there basically everytime we were there. So you can understand why I was SO excited a new mexican food place opened up.

I have to say the place was delicious! The chips could have been a little bit better, tasted a little bit too crunchy but not exactly on the stale side of things. Salsa was delish. I ordered the chicken chimichanga's, of course, they were delicious. The guac was yum, everything was really flavorful, I didn't feel like I wanted to douse it in hot sauce because the flavor was there. I posted it here if you want to see what it looked like. Overall, they get an A+ from me!

Sunday night we had the Maciag movie viewing extravaganza!! Love my techy/AV nerdy boyfriend. He borrowed the projector from work and we were going to watch Spinal Tap on the garage door but due to weather set backs we just watched it inside.
Well, here:
Not a great shot but you get the idea. Wanted a double feature with Spinal Tap/The Big Lebowski but it got too late for that :( Next time.

Welp, I tried out some new recipes a few months back and never posted so here is one of them! All you need to know about this one is PESTO! If you want to make it yourself go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment